Are reading banned books good for you? Let’s hear our marketing assistant Abby’s take!
When thinking of Banned Books, the benefits of reading them is always brought up as a question. I compiled a list of the benefits that come along with reading banned books.
- Insight into the literary canon
- Feeling super cool by doing something “bad”/against the rules
- Help develop feelings and opinions surrounding topics that may not be discussed in school
- Explore different view of the world
- Read some of the classics
- Be informed in discussions of censorship
- Open up your mind
- Challenge what you “know”
- Realize the true power of words
- Share and share and share the knowledge you gained from reading them
Read banned books, they’re good for you.